Thursday, March 6, 2014

so something new happened recently. I have been building a motorcycle and in turn have not been able to post nearly as proficiently as I would like too, but that's how life goes. Here are some photos.

            My entire family has rode motorcycles for as long as I can remember. My great grandfather, both of my grandfathers, my grandmother and my dad have all rode motorcycles, and because of this, my dad and his dad would go out for weekend rides every other weekend. One weekend when I was ten, my dad and grandpa went out for a ride, but only my dad came back. This is the day that my entire family stopped riding motorcycles. This is when the tradition had ended. This is why I decided to build my own motorcycle. In hope to bring my family back into a tradition that I want to be a part of.
This is why I started making this work. I want to bring my family together by using motorcycle building and tradition as a form of family therapy. But much more so as a way for me to move into a new lifestyle and a style of art that I have yet to master. 





































No comments:

Post a Comment